Sunday Assembly Portland
Part of a secular global movement of wonder and good!
Many people worldwide seek community, positivity and compassion and are looking for non-religious alternatives to provide them. We Assemble to sing uplifting songs, listen to a Ted Talk-style lecture from a local expert, and generally celebrate the wonder of this one life we know we have!
Together, we will:
- Live Better. We aim to provide inspiring, thought-provoking and practical ideas that help people to live the lives they want to lead and be the people they want to be.
- Help Often. Assemblies are communities of action building lives of purpose, encouraging us all to help anyone who needs it to support each other. We take on service projects together because we believe helping makes life better.
- Wonder More. Hearing talks, singing as one, listening to readings and even playing games helps us to connect with each other and the awesome world we live in.
The Sunday Assembly International Charter
- Sunday Assembly is a 100% celebration of life. We are born from nothing and go to nothing. Let’s enjoy it together.
- Has no doctrine. We have no set texts so we can make use of wisdom from all sources.
- Has no deity. We don’t do supernatural but we also won’t tell you you’re wrong if you do.
- Is radically inclusive. Everyone is welcome, regardless of their beliefs – this is a place of love that is open and accepting.
- Is free to attend, not-for-profit and volunteer run. We ask for donations to cover our costs and support our community work.
- Has a community mission. Through our Action Heroes (you!), we will be a force for good.
- Is independent. We do not accept sponsorship or promote outside businesses, organizations or services.
- Is here to stay. With your involvement, The Sunday Assembly will make the world a better place.
- We won’t tell you how to live, but will try to help you do it as well as you can.
- And remember point 1… The Sunday Assembly is a celebration of the one life we know we have.
Sign up for our newsletter HERE.
A huge special thanks to everyone who has joined us in this adventure so far.