Community is about helping each other out. Who doesn't need a little help when moving?! Team Moving is a group of friendly, able-bodies and their trucks, who graciously share their time and sweat to help fellow Assemblers with one of life's biggest chores. Suddenly, a daunting task can become downright fun!
If you want to be a part of Team Moving, fill out the form at the bottom of this page.
Have fun and thanks for making something great happen!
To request the help of Team Moving, email Ann Moses at SATeamVolunteer@gmail.com as soon as you know which day you will be moving. The sooner the better, as folks on Team Moving will need time to check their schedules and opt-in. We recommend at least 2-weeks in advance.
Include the following information:
- Your name & phone number
- Date & Time of move
- Start & End locations
- Estimate of how many boxes and pieces of furniture
Once you email in the request, we'll be in touch to make arrangements!
A few things to keep in mind:
1. All items to move must be in boxes and ready to transport.
2. Four hour time limit. Services cannot be expected beyond four hours.
3. There is a waiver form involved! Accept services at your own risk.
4. Cleaning services are not expected.
5. Movee is encouraged to play Bon Jovi's greatest hits on repeat.
6. Movee is not required to provide snacks or beverages, but they are always appreciated! Water, however, must be available at both moving locations.
7. Volunteer services are a generous act of kindness. Team Moving does not expect compensation for services or resources used.